Friday, July 16, 2010

"I'm on a horse..."

Ohhhhhh friends, do I have a fab-u-lous Friday afternoon story for you! While I'm writing it up in this here blog for you, please enjoy the following internet selections to keep you boredom at bay:

1. Isaiah Mustafa, aka the Old Spice man, as your voicemail greeting. And a link to his very intriguing Wikipedia page.

2. In addition, here is the just-released trailer for the movie, "The Town," which was filmed on location in Boston. As a resident of the North End, I often came home to flyers taped on my building with detailed filming schedules of when and where they'd be having car chases and errant explosions, and not to freak out when there was a large boom and a car speeding away. Fun facts? the building they pretend is a bank is actually a very nice and nearly brand new laundromat, and the street the cars speed up throughout the trailer? That's Margaret Street, where I lived when I first moved to Boston three years ago.

Also filmed on Margaret Street? Try the Boy Like Girls video for Hero/Heroine. I was actually home that day (a hungover Sunday) and heard this ridiculous hipster singing the same song over and over again. I was finally so annoyed that I threw on some real people clothes (aka not my dress from the night before), and stormed out of my building, smack into a massive video camera on a rolling track. I apologized to the guy behind the lens and wandered off to run some errands before returning and realizing that this wasn't some no-budget student film being taped. I mingled with the band for a bit, which was fun because I'd never heard of them and wasn't THAT fangirl. It turns out that the lead singer was sick and downing dayquil like is was his job, and he was just as unhappy doing 32 takes as I was listening to him. Overall, he was a very cool guy and the band couldn't have been nicer.

If you watch the video, look out for the scenes with the cab parked on a slight hill where the lead guy is saying goodbye to his girlfriend, because that's Margaret Street again! Very exciting stuff.


Anyway, that's it for now if I have a prayer of getting Wednesday night's ridiculousness posted before you all clock out for the day...

XOXO - Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics