Thursday, March 4, 2010

Latest & Greatest in Hip Hop

Remember last summer when I asked you guys to check out my friend Donnie's album? And you did? And you inevitably LOVED it? Well, I'm asking you to do it again...this time for a kid named Sam Adams Wisner (I really hope that's his real name). As far as I can tell, based on the non-Boston Lager related google hits I found, this kid's a senior at Trinity and is completely ridiculous.

I just downloaded his brand new album, "Boston's Boy," on itunes, and I suggest you do the same. His style is semi-Asher Roth in that he's young, white, and likes to talk about getting high, but he also has a surprising amount of edge for a Wayland native and fellow NESCACer. The beats are awesome, the lyrics are tight, and he even incorporates some espanol and a few wonderfully educational lines about supply and demand into his song, "I Get High." Perhaps this is what happens when rappers don't drop out of the college they claim to love so much? Just a thought...

Another favorite musical moment comes when he meshes his own backbeat with the instrumental of "Walking on Broken Glass" in his song "Driving Me Crazy." Too good for words. In addition to being crazy talented, he's also hilarious, as I discovered via his twitter account. Behold:

I hope you guys love this shit as much as I do!

XOXO - Christine

1 comment:

  1. No I will not do that, and I would like a dislike button...

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics