Friday, February 27, 2009

Awkward Encounters - Part Deux

Hello loves! 

I hope you're excited about all of the posting I've been doing this week.  Now that I'm on twitter, I feel the need to be more active about keeping all five of you up to date with my life.

So here's the latest...

Remember the old hook up buddy I mentioned in awk encounters, part one?  JA?  Well, he resurfaced last week with a late night text of, "what're you up to." I guess he was up in MA visiting some friends and wanted some action. Because he was out with friends, I falsely assumed that he'd be drunk and less awk...well my dears, I was wrong.  

After some texting about logistics, he found a parking spot on my street and buzzed in.  We did the awk hug thing and I showed him around the apt (I used to always go to his place) and the roof deck, while chugging a beer because I realized we were both SOBER and needed to take the edge off.  Finally, we wound up in my kitchen, chatting about how great my apt is.

Here's the convo that followed:

Him:  So, it must be really fun to live here.
Me:  Yup.

(long pause)

Me:  So...this is awkward, huh?
Him:  It always is...
Me:  Well that's just because you're you.

(scrambling to take that insult back)

Me:  And you know, I'm me...
Him:  Yup.
Me:  Well, I know what you're here for and it doesn't need to be awk. Let's go do this.
Him:  Okay.

And scene....totes awk hawk.

I told him to try and be blackout next time he drops by late night. Harsh, but clearly necessary. 

More to follow.

XOXO - Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics