Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day!

Hello bunnies!

Happy Valentine's Day to those of you who actively celebrate it! Personally, I'm pretty indifferent about the day unless I have a boyfriend, in which case I usually like to make a nice dinner and just hang out. Boyfriends definitely win points for presents that come in Tiffany's boxes and for unconventional activities, but I definitely don't expect or demand either.

My sophomore year boyfriend and I actually did dinner, a movie, and then went sledding on Valentine's Day '05. So much fun! The best gift I've ever gotten on v-day was from my junior year boyfriend. He had made dinner reservations, so I went to shower and when I got back to my room he'd left a pink lacoste polo and a bouquet of wildflowers on the table by my bed. Talk about perfection! Maybe I'm a guy in that respect, but I most appreciate gifts that I can actually use or wear.

Disclaimer: Most girls will NOT appreciate a gift of clothing because you will inevitably buy something too big or too small and she will be embarrassed. My ex could get away with this because he was mildly gay and knew my size. However, giving a girl flowers that aren't roses is ALWAYS a do. As long as you don't buy carnations (the poor man's flower), she'll appreciate the creative gesture.

Alright my loves, I'm off to go celebrate v-day with a pub crawl in Faneuil! Have fun with whatever you're up to today/tonight!!

XOXO (x 25 for v-day) - Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics