Sunday, September 13, 2009

In Case You Missed It...

Just when you thought the biggest drama of the night was when Shakira and Pink showed up in the same dress, major shit went down! (Side note: I thought that this was a huge issue and that designers wouldn't lend a dress to more than one starlet? I suppose I should catch up on my stylist know-how with a marathon sesh of the Rachel Zoe Project...)
In case you missed it, Kanye ganked the mic from Taylor Swift when she won Best Female Video and said the following:

Not only was she shaking and near tears, but she had to PERFORM about twenty minutes later. So fucked up. Thankfully, he lost the Best Male Video award to T.I. and Rihanna's "Live Your Life," and the mention of his nomination elicited boos from all of Radio City Music Hall. The best part? He and his stripperesque girlfriend Amber Rose were kicked to the curb...I'm guessing it was partially because of what he did to Taylor, but mostly because they showed up looking like this:
Later in the night, after Beyonce won Best Video of the Year, she invited Taylor back onto the stage to give her back her moment. I never thought I'd say it, but Beyonce is as classy as they come. Here's the footage:


And on that note, I present you with the "Gay Fish" clip from South Park. The underlying joke is about fish sticks, and how if you like "fish sticks" (sounds like "fish dicks"), then you must be a gay fish. As it turns out, Kanye West's ego is so big, that he just doesn't understand why people keep calling him a gay fish after he admits to enjoying the taste of fish sticks in his mouth. At the end of the episode, Cartman gives Butters a lecture about embracing who you really are (may have been the other way around), and Kanye decides that he must be a gay fish if everyone else says so, and makes moves to join his fellow fish...you'll see:


Also, check out what Lady Gaga showed up wearing:

Her date? Try Kermit the Frog...

AWKHAWK indeed.

Anyway, I hope you friendlies all had fun weekends and I'll update more as the week goes on!

XOXO - Christine

P.S. As always, feel free to comment and tell me what you think about the VMA's and all of the Kanye drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics