Monday, April 6, 2009

Ding, Ding, Ding . . . We Have A Winner!!

Hello bunnies!!!

Sorry that I didn't get a chance to drunk blog about my date on Thursday night, but that may have a little something to do with the fact that I never came home...!!

Let me explain...

This past Thursday night, I was supposed to meet this lovely specimen of a man at the BHP (Beacon Hill Pub) for drinks at 6. However, he texted me during the day asking if we could move it to 7. Obviously, I obliged because I hadn't even begun getting ready. Finally, at 7:15, I rolled into the bar and immediately spotted DD playing darts with what looked like Buster the Jockey from my favorite show, "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia." Incredible.

When he saw me, he came over and gave me a big hug and asked me if I wanted a drink. I grabbed a Coors Light (beer of champions) and we moseyed on over to one of the pub tables to have some lovely first date chit-chats...or so I thought. As it turns out, my date was drunk, but adorably so. Apparently, he had arrived at the bar a solid 45 minutes before I did, and Buster the lawn jockey had challenged him to a darts/drinking competition. Not one to turn down a challenge, Drunk Date took down a couple of shots and several beers before I showed up. Let's be real people, I probably would have done the same thing, so I really can't blame him for his choices, now can I? I mean, how often do you run into a 75 pound man who can drink you under the table?? Experiences like that come around but once in a lifetime my friendlies.

Anyway, after staring at my bedazzled flip flops for a solid minute, he looked deep into my eyes and said, "You're wearing SANDALS! Whaaaat?" He also told me that I smelled great about nine times before stating that he was a "pool man" and that darts weren't his game. And with this, we left the BHP to find a bar with a pool table. On the walk down Charles, I began to realize just how buzzed DD was. When I asked him if he'd been on any other match dates he said, "YOU. Maybe. I don't knoooow!" He was beginning to resemble the below photo more than the put together guy in his match profile...and I liked it.
You see, as I'm always saying to my friends, I need a man who's a little bit of a mess, because otherwise, they won't be able to handle me. I'm not saying that I want a guy who blacks out every night, but rather someone who appreciates the joy of getting a little sloppy on the weekends and won't judge me for the disaster that is my life. To me, DD's tipsiness was totally endearing.

As we continued walking and approached the public garden, DD stopped, scratched his head, and said, "You know, I'm a lot more tired than I thought I was. I think I'm going to go watch a movie. Do you want to come." My response was, "Come where? Somerville?" He said, "Yeah, let's go, we'll get a cab." I gave him a once over, decided that he was still adorable, and, call me crazy, but I flagged a cab.

We hopped in and he shouted, "45 Harris Street, wait, avenue, wait, street!" The cabbie didn't so much speaka the English, and had no idea what DD was talking about, so DD told him that he'd just direct him. We pulled onto Storrow, and confident that he'd be able to tell the cabbie where to go, I began texting Leah. Here's the convo that followed:

Me: Drunk.
Leah: Stop it, seriously? Before you even got there??
Me: Yup. Now we're going back to Somerville. My life is a joke.
Leah: You're going to Somerville? What the hell are you going to do there?
Me: Watch a movie and have sloppy make outs OBVI. 45 Harris St. in case I die.
Leah: Can I put that as my fb status?
Me: Now he's fighting with the cab driver haha. Omg incredible.
Leah: I'm going to bed girl, be careful, I don't want to be the one to have to tell your parents you died in Somerville!

And then DD decided to lie down with his head in my bag...until I remembered that he was supposed to be directing the cabbie, at which point I nudged him to pay attention to where we were. He sat up as we were passing a little league field and shouts, "DUDE, why are you taking us by FENWAY??" I told him that it was not in fact Fenway, and he goes, "YEAH, because there's the Citgo sign!" To which I replied, "No DD, that's just a regular gas station." Sick life.

We've spoken since this magical first date, and plan on hanging out again soon. More to come on that later though, because the events that have followed date number one definitely deserve their own posts.

Hope you guys all had a spectacular weekend!

XOXO - Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics