Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Watchmen

So there's a new movie out right now based on the graphic novel "Watchmen," that I read for a creative writing class in college. And by read I mean that never once opened it haha.  However, if I'd known a then that the "graphic" in "graphic novel" referred to the serious amount of penis on display, I totally would have taken a gander at my book. Dr. Manhattan (the huge, blue, glowing dude) was naked the entire movie, and his glowing appendage was equally large.

Rob and I went to see the movie on Sunday night with one of his roommates and it was pretty decent.  Despite not reading the novel, I successfully called out the killer within the first five minutes of the movie.  Hint:  Pay attention to the killer's stature in the first scene.  

Though I felt like the first half moved at a snail's pace, the second half of the movie was excellently done.  The plot really came together and everything began to play out in a big, disastrous way. The cinematography was beautiful and the characters were finally fully developed.

My two favorite scenes were actually the very hot slash funny sex scenes.  The first bang sesh was between Dr. Manhattan and the younger Miss Jupiter.  It was hot until you (and she) suddenly realized that there were four hands on her, not just two.  She sits up and sees that there are two Dr. M's and begins yelling at one of them for multiplying, until she spots a third Dr. M out by the nuclear reactor. He says he thought she'd be into it and she flips out and leaves.

Which leads us to bang sesh number two...Miss Jupiter and the other guy.  After rescuing a gaggle of immigrants from a burning building, they totally get after it in the space pod.  It was incredibly hot, and I've never wanted to purchase a patent leather bodysuit more.  All in all I think it was worth checking out.

More to come.

XOXO - Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics