Saturday, March 14, 2009

Slainte!

So it's 12:15 and I JUST cracked my first beer. Incredibly depressing, considering that if I were up at school, I'd be face down in a snowbank by now, and if I were in DC, I'd be in the midst of my annual slap fight with my friend Charlie:
I mean, this is Boston people! The most Irish city in America! The home of the very first St. Patrick's Day celebration EVER in the United States!! I just don't get why our day of glorious drinking begins at 1PM instead of at 5AM, like in Maine and DC. I also am sad that this year I lacked the foresight to purchase some spectacular green tights like the ones I wore last year. They were both hot looking and practical for climate control purposes. Granted, it's only 43 degrees right now, but still, it's Doghead, FUCK PANTS. Exhibit A from last year:
All I'm saying, is that while the end result will be the same (me, passed out in an inappropriate locale), the journey just won't be the same. Last year, we got to the party at 6AM, left at 6PM, and this is all I remember from those 12 fun-filled hours: a game of beirut, a keg toss, smoking some weed behind the neighbor's house, sitting on the stoop, chatting with some cops, eating a hot dog bun, and getting into a slapfight with Charlie.

Regardless of what I can or cannot remember, the 120 photos I took prove that I had the best time ever. Even better than my senior year when I started partying at 7PM and didn't stop until I disrobed and passed out in some random sophomore's bunkbed, while he was in it, around 10AM the next day. Even better than junior year, when we rented out Champs for a 6AM dance party and I stumbled out into the daylight with MGE and hitchhiked back to campus before noon. Even better than freshman year when Doghead was canceled and rioting ensued. Definitely better than going in for questioning after a bunch of football players tossed a couch out the window of my dorm and onto a dean's car during said riots.

However, it was NOT better than sophomore Doghead, which was my only *true* Doghead experience, since it was held at an off campus house with 40 kegs of green beer and a bar made out of snow. I remember getting there around 7AM after pregaming on campus for awhile and being in complete awe. I'd been to plenty of off campus parties before, but this was SO much more intense.

The massive backyard was packed with drunken prepsters rocking every green item they owned. For me, this meant PJ capris (poor choice), a sweatshirt, my green pumas, and a coordinating scarf. I spent the day toeing the hypothermia line, but couldn't have cared less. At one point, the Sarahs and I scaled a snowbank to pee, since the bathrooms in the house were blocked off, and I remember sitting there being too cold to know if I'd gone or not. I also booted every color of the Irish flag that day, in order, thanks to lots of green beer, some dry heaving, and a few screwdrivers.

God I miss college.

Alright, Bobby's here, time to get my BOOOOOZE on!!

XOXO - Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics