Friday, March 13, 2009

I Miss College - Part One

Watching the movie, "College." Just heard the following:

Carter: Uh, so you guys going on some sort of road trip to Fieldmont this weekend?
Fletcher: I just went there to visit my bro. I almost didn't make it back.
Carter: Almost didn't make it back? Dude, it's just college.
Fletcher: Yeah, see that's what I thought...I didn't sleep for three days, okay? I don't have any money left in my bank account, I maxed out my parents credit card which was only supposed to be used in case of emergency, I tried smoking a tampon because I thought it was a joint; STILL got high, wet my brother's bed twice, stole a car, got in a bar fight, ate some gold fish, played naked frisbee, found a tattoo on my lower back of a unicorn, don't remember gettin that...I laughed, I cried...all in all I'd say I was the best weekend of my life.

While I've definitely never done the majority of the things listed above (I don't think many people have), my college experience was still insane. I can't even begin to tell you how many random places I passed out around campus (the Heights bathroom, the Coburn lawn, UNDER my own bed, on strangers' couches...) or how many bad decisions I made (short answer: MANY). Somehow, I managed to not only survive, but to graduate. And yes, it still counts even though I went to graduation hungover as shit and kind of passed out during one of the speeches...whoops. That's nothing compared to J.P. Jr. who showed up sans pants, plus a 30 rack, which he handed out and drank during the ceremony. Stellar times.

God I miss college.

XOXO - Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics